How amazing would it be if brands could be a fly on the wall, listening to everything being said about them online ? Every mention, suggestion, review, the good and bad. What if we told you this could be done through a process called social listening.
What is social media listening?
Social media listening, as the name suggests, refers to locating and evaluating all relevant online conversations about your company in order to make informed decisions. For instance, you can learn what people think of your product and how to modify it to meet their demands.
The process includes searching for mentions of your company, brand, products, services, rivals, and other terms associated with your industry on social media. Followed by examining mentions to make findings that can be put into practice to assist you achieve your business objectives.
Social listening is often confused with social monitoring. The former refers to understanding conversations online with a focus on sentiment analysis, and the latter refers to tracking online mentions across social media with the aim of measuring campaigns.
Social listening keeps track of brand references and the most recent discussions taking place on social media. By listening to conversations online, you may learn a lot about what people are saying about your brand, your industry, and your rivals.
Conduct a sentiment analysis to find any unfavorable sentiment and address it.
Early detection of possible PR crises will enable you to take action to limit the harm. Take into account the important social media measures like sentiment, presence score, reputation score, reach, and share of voice, as well as popular hashtags that relate to your industry. Additionally, you will be able to follow hashtags to learn more about their social media engagement and reach, as well as information such as sentiment and the number of mentions.
It also helps identify influencers who fit your industry specialty. You may improve influencer marketing. Social listening is a great way to improve your understanding of the demands, potential problems, and interests of the target audience and adjust your material accordingly. Compare your competitors to learn about their mention volume, sentiment, and mention sources.
10 Social listening tools for 2022
- Synthesio is a leading customer intelligence AI tool that helps brands track conversations online.
- Awario, with the option of a free trial, you may monitor online mentions of your company and those of your rivals, locate influencers in your specialized market, interact with clients, and get fresh sales leads on social media. The tool also helps with online mentions and comments, including the positive and negative in real-time.
- BazaarVoice recognizes customer behavior. Real-time problem tracking, personalized alerts on review activity, and thorough data on anything from category and product performance to offline conversion impact can help you improve your shopping experience.
- Talkwalker is a tool can track several social media platforms, blogs, forums, review sites, and news websites on a single platform, providing companies with a social listening approach.
- Mention is one of the most used tools, Mention includes social listening along with alerts and a publishing feature.
- Buzzsumo, with a 30-day free trial, explore influencers to promote your social media channels, uncover the best performing material, and keep track of your predecided keywords.
- Hubspot is an all-in-one social media management tool that includes social listening, includes publishing and sharing new content, replying to comments, setting up marketing automation and lots more.
- Keyhole helps marketing professionals may enhance their social media strategy and demonstrate its effectiveness to coworkers and clients with the aid of Keyhole’s social listening.
- Sprinklr is a research tool that enables companies to measure brand equity indicators by learning about consumer perceptions of the brand, the product and customer loyalty in real time.
- Brand24 is a great tool for Sentiment analysis as well as improving customer engagement while providing reports with metrics as well as hashtag tracking.
Here are a few simple steps that will help you conduct social listening,
– Understand your objectives and reasons for social listening.
– Choose the right tool for your brand by considering factors such as tools that provide features that are in line with your goals, finding a tool that fits your budget, and researching reviews by previous users.
– Conducting keyword research to analyze frequent mentions that relate to your brand, product, or service as well as popular hashtags.
– Analyzing data from the social listening tool on a regular basis and building strategies to improve the brand’s online presence.
A great way to get a foothold is by deep diving into a digital marketing course. Freelancer’s Academy provides in-depth modules that can help you learn from the best.
In conclusion, picking the right tool for social listening that best suits your brand is a great way to improve your brand’s reputation. Be one step ahead of your competitors by making tweaks to your products and services by gathering uninfluenced thoughts and opinions that will guarantee happier customers.